Monday, March 18, 2013

Product Review: Ruko Knife

Today I want to discuss my experience using a curved-blade pocket knife made by Ruko.

Rubber scale insert folding knife, brushed stainless steel handle, 420A 50/50 serrated stainless steel blade, liner lock design, metal thumb stud and pocket clip. Closed length: 2-3/4".

I really like this knife, small, compact pocket knife, 2 inch locking blade looks cool, very useful and well-made. I take this knife with me primarily on hikes, camping trips, curved blade is perfect for cutting the stems of wild edible chantrelle mushrooms or other wild edible mushrooms because it can hook around behind the stem. Great for harvesting Shiitake mushrooms from hardwood, as Shiitakes have a tough, somewhat woody stem. The blade is sharp, easy to clean. The knife feels great in my hand, blade is a bit too small to firmly grasp in the event of using the knife for self-defense, but could serve the purpose, and the curved blade would really be like a cat's claw scratch, likely capable of doing a lot of damage to an attacker. The metal stud is in a great position for one-handed opening, takes some practice, but then becomes second nature to flip the knife open with my right hand and have it ready for use. Same one-hand ergonomic feel to closing the knife as well. Rubber grips on the side are effective, fits very well. I had to adjust the tension of the blade when I got this knife, but it was easy with an hex key wrench to loosen/tighten it to the perfect tension.

Curved blade also makes it very useful for opening packages, taped boxes and such.

The knife has a bit of a rattle, from the clip, however, making it any tighter and the blade is hard to extend, so I'll take a minor rattle to have the ease of opening the knife with one hand.

Overall, a very worthwhile knife for the price. I picked this up from a local hunting/outdoors store, but it's only $13.78 on Amazon.


http://www.rukoproducts.com/cart/index.php?target=products&product_id=307

RUKO 2-Inch Blade Folding Knife with Serrated Edge Aluminum Brushed Handle

No comments:

Post a Comment